Monday, November 10, 2008

Loaded Baked Potato Casserole



I am kinda sad that next week will be the end of the recipes through 2nd cup of coffee!

Of course, as Linda so kindly pointed out, we all might be rolling to Thanksgiving dinner, so maybe she will want to try a low calorie cooking meme.

So here is a goodie that is chock full of fat (but can be, lowered - use yogurt instead and lower fat cheese).



Loaded Baked Potato Casserole

2lbs mashed potatoes
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup bacon crumbled (Hormel real bacon bits works great)
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup green onions
1 cup cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients. Pour into baking dish. Sprinkle with more cheese if desired. Bake at 400 deg for 20 minutes or until set.

Enjoy and then go for a wonderful walk!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, this sounds like another great one! Yummy!

Weeksie50 said...

Oh why do all my friend post yummy carb filled recipes when I have vowed to do better until Thanksgiving..Oh why..lol.

Sounds super yummy.

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

typically, I'd skip this recipe just because of all the carbs.
:-)
BUT... since we live in Austin, MN - home of HORMEL BACON, this will make the list!
(*it does sound very good*)
THANK YOU!

Tara said...

Needed something easy for dinner tonight...this just might be it! Yummyyy!

Anonymous said...

Yum! I printed this out. Looks fantastic.

Merrie said...

Talk about the ultimate comfort food - I think you have hit on it! Sounds wonderful!!!

Jan said...

Your turkey poem was perfect. Alot of people sure enjoyed that Imerie. Thanks so much for being a bright spot today. :)

Rhonda said...

Oh my.... my husband always makes a potato dish something like this but adds a whole block of cream cheese. I can feel my arteries hardening as I eat each and every bite.

Yum!

Janiece said...

I am stopping by from the Crazy Lady on Road 80.
I LOVED the Turkey poem...totally made me laugh!

I am so glad I did...your recipe looks very yummy

Jeni said...

Damn, here I am coming by to thank you for commenting on my blog and you've got this yummy looking recipe sitting there, making me drool all over myself! Looks fantastic.
Thanks for commenting and hope you'll come by again - soon, maybe?
Peace.

Aleta said...

Hmmm... I have to bring a dish to a party for the Beading Society - I think this sounds perfectly yummy! Thanks for sharing this!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh I could do this. And it would be great for when I have to take food to my small group. Love the taters!

The Blonde Duck said...

That casserole sounds divine!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Wow..I think I gained a pound just reading it!

looks yummy!
-sandy toes

larkswing said...

All y'all should make it soon! Before it is time to exercise and eat little fat!

But you can substitue low fat sourcream or non fat yogurt. And a lower fat cheese, and half the bacon bits and it will still be quite good!