Thursday, November 20, 2008

...The Best Is Yet To Come

It is Photo Phinish Phridayhosted by the amazing Carrie) and I will Phinish my phond wedding memories . .. phor this anniversary anyway!

A co-worker had talked about Will for a year and a half before we finally met. He was either dating someone or freshly broken up (same person, just two break-ups). What is funny, is I had been visiting the same church he attended, for over a year.

I decided one Sunday to change the area I sat. As I headed to a different area, I spotted a seat. As I entered the aisle, I saw this blue eyed cutie that fit pretty close to the description of this fictional fella my friend had talked about for so long. I sat in the seat in front of him. We shook hands during the greet each other time. I decided near the end, that after the service, I would turn and introduce myself. And that is what I did.

Ha! He might of said he did not want to meet anyone, but he had! I went home and fell into my funk of how hard it was to meet a nice non-freak guy in this town!

A week later, as I sat down at church, my friend came and sat with me. The blue eyed cutie was there, a few rows away. After the service he approached and re-introduced himself. A few weeks later found us at a special Wednesday prayer service for the 9/11. We chatted a little after the service. Later he emailed a mutual acquaintance to ask me if he could have my number.

We went out the following weekend.





Two years after that, after a lot of sweet moments, a few fears of entering another marriage, we said "I do." While there are many stories that can be told, and probably will be through the course of this blog - the "I do" was the best!


We had a grand time with family and friends. Our wedding and reception was held at the old train depot, that has been converted into a museum and event center. But it held more meaning than that. My parents met on a train. My dad, a Marine, returning to base and my mom on her way to spend summer with her sister in Florida. This very depot is where my parents parted ways. But just a temporary parting . . .just until they married a year later.






(Ok, I left off the list last week one of the other hurdles with the ceremony - photographers. One became sick and the other's camera broke. So some of the pics are off and the color is not exactly right - BUT, I have pictures! And I think technology has given me the option to "fix" some of these that I love [actions maybe??]) Oh, and my dad was most likely saying something he thought funny - I get very few pictures of him that are not of him talking or making a face - hehe)


Will asked me the other day what I would like for our anniversary. What he doesn't know, is he already has given me my gift!



A husband to brag about.





A helpmate.



A best friend.






A happy marriage.









No further gift needed!





PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


































19 comments:

jen721 said...

Lovely wedding photos.

Susie said...

Great pictures:-)

Linda said...

Simply beautiful...

Jane In The Jungle said...

I just love this post. It really says it all about the 2 of you!

Hadriana's Treasures said...

What wonderful photos and a gorgeous story! Thank you for the coming over to my site, your very kind words and the link...all much appreciated! Hx

Glenda, saved by grace said...

Did ya'll have his and mine kids?
I guess I should read more, but its just easier to ask!
Great Pics!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh, my gosh that train depot story--be still my heart! You are a lovely couple. Thanks for sharing.

Lori of I'm no super Mom said...

Such a beautiful post!

larkswing said...

You all have such kind comments! Thank you!

Glenda: Muwhaahahah! NO! hehe. The four are a plenty! I might post one day more about this, but the parenting part of the wonderful marriage has offered more challenges than one can imagine! We are counting down to a three month, childless, trip to Alaska!! Youngest is 12 . . . :)

RBK's Realm said...

What a lovely story! It certainly gives hope to single folks like me that there are some good guys out there and "the happily ever after" can still be a reality! :)

Anonymous said...

I love hearing stories of how husbands and wives met! Yours is great! Such cute photos, too!

Unknown said...

Such a sweet story & great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Tara said...

Ahhhh! what a sweet story...you both look so happy!! I ♥ that! thanks for sharing!!

Bee said...

I hope the best friend part lasts for you. Love is the best luck. xx

Ballerina Girl said...

just beautiful! congratulations!
BG

Femin Susan said...

Hi,
Lovely wedding photos! This is amazing!! Welcome to my blog.. I am so glad I found your blog!

Chris said...

Very touching.
Keep that marriage strong -- it makes all of the difference.

Jan said...

Just perfect. You both are just stunning. So happy for you. And yes, the best is yet to come.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

congrats and happy anniversary!