Monday, November 17, 2008

Fall Into Flavor - Dip and Chops - updated



I am sad to say, but today
is the last "Fall Into Flavor" with Linda at
2nd Cup of Coffee. But it has been fun! I still have
many recipes to try from the list !


On The Fat Track:


This is a four ingredient snack dish that Demolition D loves!


Chili Dip

1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
1 can chili (bean in or bean out)
Desired shredded cheddar cheese.

Spread cream cheese in pie plate or dish (microwaveable).
Spread chili on top and sprinkle with cheese. Heat in microwave for 45 -60 seconds. (Check at 45 seconds)

Now this


On The Light Track


This one is for Becky. She seemed to think my other recipes had too many carbs! hehe - they did, not to mention fat too, but that was the fun of the meme!

So this dish is for you!


Mushroom Stuffed Pork Loin Chops

3/4 cup mushroom slices
3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon oregano (I added some rosemary too, very good)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
6 boneless pork loin chops, cut 3/4" thick, cut a pocket in each with a paring knife
Worcestershire Sauce

Mix the first 4 ingredients. Stuff each chop with about 2 tablespoons of mixture. Secure with toothpick. Drizzle each chop with Worcestershire sauce.

Pre-heat indoor or outdoor grill.
Grill uncovered for 12 to 15 minutes or until done (160 deg) and juices run clear, turning once halfway through grilling. Or bake, 350 deg oven, for 20-30 minutes or until juices run clear. Remember to remove toothpicks after cooking.

Serving Suggestion: Baked Potatoes and Sauteed Asparagus.


Calories: 241; Carbs 4; Fat 14; and if you watch points: 6

Updated: Recipe is easy to cut in half. Also, each stuffed chop can be wrapped and frozen. for another time, makes several meals at once! Just thaw chops needed, and cook according to directions.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to do some serious calorie counting - I'm in trouble from eating my way through Charleston and Savannah for starters. However, the fateening chili dip is what appeals to me, of course! Thanks for stopping by.

Tara said...

YUMMMYYY! oh man that looks so good! I LUV mushrooms! hum...i'm in big trouble here...it's not even Thanksgiving yet!

Jan said...

Fall into Yummy. That sounds good. I love mushrooms.

Sandi McBride said...

I am going to have to try the chili cheese dip thingy...why? Because I know it probably looks like the dogs dinner but will taste glorious and when no one wants to taste it cause how it looks I can say gleefully....more for me!
Sandi

Ballerina Girl said...

Sounds good! Both of them, but as always, I am partial to desserts :)
Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you more at my blog!
I'll be back here for sure!
BG

Jules~ said...

Well Yummy! Both of these recipies sound like fun to make and even serve in the same evening when entertaining.

Teresa said...

I make a chili cheese dip almost exactly like that. I just mix the chili and cream cheese together in a pan and heat until melted. Then put it in a small crock pot and serve with those big Frito chips.

I haven't had this in a long time and sounds TOO good!

Anonymous said...

Chili dip sounds like a good football food. Enjoyed meeting you through Linda. Thank you for the recipe.

Jane In The Jungle said...

OK I had a light lunch and I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hungry right now!!!!!

Thanks for stopping by and visiting, be sure and check out my new look. I'll do a shout out to my header-girl tomorrow!!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

REally, Girl, your recipes are the bomb.com! thanks for being sad about the carnival ending :), and thanks for playing along!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh my those recipes sound divine!
-sandy toes

sassy stephanie said...

Um, yum. My hubs and I are totally addicted to cream cheese and salsa right now. I will have to try the chili!!

Thanks for sharing in my SITS day with me!