Friday, October 31, 2008

Photo Phun Phriday - Halloween






Halloween is here . . . .






My very first Halloween as a mom was for Demolition D. He was 2 1/2 months old and was my sweet pea.

I have had fun making and picking costumes for the kids, but they have out grown much of it. I guess this being the 16th halloween as a mom, I am ok going on to this next stage. I think.

For me, as a child, Halloween was always so much fun! Ghost and witches weren't pushed, it was a time to dress up and join all the other kids in the neighborhood collecting candy. Halloween was also my Grandfathers birthday. So every year the very last stop for Halloween was at my Grandparents house. Thy lived 4 blocks away, so we would walk there, my mom would hide to side and we would ring the bell. I am sure after a few years, he knew it was us, no more trick or treaters came after we arrived, but he always played as he was surprised.

We don't surprise my parents, but we always make a stop at their house - every halloween. This year it will be just The Man in his store bought boring mask. Demolition D will be in his flight suit playing drums at a Friday night football game. . .
But here is the photo phun for today . . . Halloweens past!








Candid Carrie is a great host for this . . . go check out her photo and the list of those participating!






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only my youngest is trick-or-treating this year. I do feel kind of sad about it. How do the years fly by so quickly?

Love your photos! What great costumes your kids have had!

Aleta said...

I love the costumes! Too cute! Every year we get a nice group of kids that come to the doors. I love to see their outfits and creativity. Too cute!

Jan said...

I truly miss those days. I love the costumes and memories. I only have one and it is quickly leaving her too. It is such a fun night of memories.

Anonymous said...

Trick or treating is really a growing thing here. Catching up to Guy Fawkes night in popularity.

I love the pics. oh the innocence of those tiny tots.

Sandi McBride said...

It's the holidays with our children that makes those holidays joyful! Nothing more, nothing less...my "sweetpeas" are full grown vines now, but I still love to have them over for every holiday that rolls down the pike!'
Sandei