Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!



"And I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year:

Give me a light that I might tread safely into the unknown.

And he replied:

Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God.

That shall be to you

better than light, and

safer than a known way"


Minnie L. Haskins







Dear Lord, please give me…
A few friends who understand me and remain my friends;
A work to do which has real value,
without which the world would be the poorer;
A mind unafraid to travel, even though the trail be not blazed;
An understanding heart;
A sense of humor;
Time for quiet, silent meditation;
A feeling of the presence of God;
The patience to wait for the coming of these things,
With the wisdom to recognize them when they come. Amen.

9 comments:

FancyHorse said...

We know not what the future holds, but we know Who holds the future! Amen!

The Muse said...

That is truly lovely!

May His blessings be upon you this year, as well.

Betsy Brock said...

Happy New Year to you! I don't know how you found my blog, but I'm glad you did! I love the quote...never heard that before. Yes, faith is what we need, not necessarily a light. :)

Sniffles and Smiles said...

What wonderful quotes, dear Lailani!!! I love these...truly something to treasure, to hold to my heart, and to live by!!! You are fantastic!! Love you! Janine XO

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful, heart-felt New Years Prayer - Having moved into a new state where I hardly see a parent in the school - it has been difficult to find people to connect with. I so understand your prayer - I left behind people who knew me and loved the me in me - and that's not the case here because NOBODY wants to know me. I talked about this on my second ever post - you might have read it, but you might be blessed by it - I was blessed in the re-reading, knowing that God has those friendships in store!

Blessings in your new year - blessings and God-ordained friendships!

Anonymous said...

Oops, I forgot to put the post:
http://bluecottonmemory.wordpress.com/2009/05/29/friendship-part-2-look-beyond-your-expectations/

Gayle said...

Beautiful! Happy New Year to you and your family!

MuseSwings said...

Beautiful thoughts for staring a new year - and true! Wishing you the best in 2010

Star Forbis said...

Happy New Year! :)