Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Random Dozen



1. Which physical trait do you now accept--maybe not love, but accept--and no longer feel extremely self-conscious about?
My feet/toes. A guy friend (yes still a friend) in high school told me I had the most masculine feet he had ever seen on a girl. I was mortified! I did not wear open toed shoes in public for the following 10-12 years. As I neared 30 and I noticed more feet and realized, for the most part, feet are feet and toes are toes, with a few exceptions of pretty ones - few and far between. A spring pedicure helps too!

2. This week Meredith Baxter Birney, best known as the mom on the favorite 80s sitcom "Family Ties" came out of the closet, which led me to formulate this question: Who do you think is/was the best TV mom?

Really? She did? I missed that! Claire Huxtible (sp) (Cosby Show) would be my pick. She was not too silly, not too over bearing, not too feminist, not too white picket fence may I cook a batch of brownies for you...


3. Do you speak any foreign languages? Are there any you'd like to learn?

Only if you call the southern accent a language. Hmmm, maybe re-learning French would be nice, but learning Spanish would be practical

4. Who is your personal hero?

Personal hero ehh? I can't actually think of someone that I would consider a personal hero. There are many people I know personally that I truly admire, that have been an inspiration, but I can't think of an actual hero.

5. What is one holiday food that you find extremely difficult to resist over- indulging in?

Casseroles!


6. Tell me about a Christmas decoration that has special meaning or sentimental value.

I have several. I have truly enjoyed starting a small collection of creche'. I have several that I just love and they are put out every year, even when the other ornaments are limited. The ornaments from the first year Will and I were married are special too!
7. How do you feel about snow?

Wish for snow every year - But just enough snow to make a snow ball or two, then it can melt and go away. I really would rather not have shovel sidewalks and such. But I LOVE the look in the night sky before a snow fall and the landscape of freshly fallen snow. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow . . .


8. On average, how many hours of sleep do you get each night? Not that I'm jealous of any number over three or anything.

I shoot for 8, but with things that go bump in the night, that does not happen often enough.


9. Tell me about your first crush.

My first crush was when I was probably 8. He was probably 16. I don't remember his name, but he called me kool aid because I was always smiling at him. Yikes! That was young for a crush on an older guy!


10. You're stuck in a room for 2 hours with only a chalkboard and chalk. What will you write/draw?

Draw for sure, silly stuff - flowers, geomentric shapes,


11. Do you dress for the current temp or for the day's forecast?

Spring, Fall and Winter: the day's forecast. It is not unusual to have a 30 degree change in less than 4 hours. Summer - hot is hot, always dress for hot. Unless you are going to the movies - they will freeze you out.


12. Favorite Christmas movie is?

I think almost all of them. I could watch a marathon of almost all of them!

Thanks Lid for another great list!!

4 comments:

Merrie said...

Fun answers... you made me remember a crush that I had when I was a little girl (probably 7 or 8) with a MUCH older guy - he was in seminary and I just knew he would wait for me to grow up so we could be married. He was just nice to me and paid attention to me. Guess that's why I "loved" him so much.

Maggie May said...

That was a bit of fun and nice to get to know you better.
You do good to get 8 hours sleep. I seem to wake up every few hours!

Nuts in May

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Lailani...so fun to learn more about you!!! I'm with you about Claire Huxtible...and wish I could get 8 hours of sleep!!! You made me think with your answers...love that!!! Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas season! Sending you love, Janine XO

Gayle said...

I love your dozen. I was just thinking about a creche that my dad built when I was little. I'm sad that it didn't find its way to any family member when he died (long story). I miss it.