Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Another Goodie Finished . . . and winners

Several months ago I came across a website that had a frame that spelled out a name. The letters of the name were made up of picture of items in that shape. For example an E was one track of a train track and three of railroad ties. The "a" was made up of tree limbs, the angle taken just right to form an "A."


I loved it!


Then I had this idea that I could do that. Well, like most of my "I can do that" adventures, it has pushed down to the wire. I finally found a frame that held 5 photos in a row. Then there was the search for the letters.


"L's" were very hard for me to figure out and Sam's online digital kept zooming in on my O's (well actually cropping for some reason). But I have it finished.





Not a great picture of the picture , just could not get the lighting right, and I needed to get it wrapped and ready to be taken to my brother and sister in law. I am sure the professional ones are better and the letters sized more appropriately but the printing was giving me a devil of a time. I had fun having The Man help me figure out which pictures looked best of our choices. He noticed the pattern modern to natural and then the black backgrounds. I was surprised at what he noticed and how he saw it.

I loved the tree that we used to make the second L (yep, that is what that letter is suppose to be - it's abstract, ha!)


And the Y...







And now....

For the winners of the Christmas books

Belle from Life of a Southern Belle

Tracie at Tale Of Many Cities

Thank you ladies for coming by and now, send me an email with your address and I will get your packages out to you!

Smiles!!


6 comments:

Operaton You said...

Wow! That was such a cool idea! Who cares about the professionals and how they do it. I see and feel alot of love going into that piece of artwork!! Great job!!

Anonymous said...

aww thank you so much!! i'm so excited!!! :D

Aleta said...

How absolutely NEAT is that! I love it!!!! Very creative!

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Oh, it is fabulous!!!! You are incredibly creative...I never think to make such wonderful gifts!!! I love this...Hugs, Janine xx

gayle said...

That is so cool! You did a great job on it!

Hilary said...

I like that idea.. very clever and creative. Nicely done.