Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Random Dozen





Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee has again given us a list of questions . . . Thanks Linda!



1. Which Wizard of Oz character are you most like?

Ok, on any given day it could be any number of them. Sometimes I am happy to be a part of the lollipop guild, many days I know why the Witch was mean – she had all those monkeys flying around her!



2. When you're deciding what you're going to wear each morning, which item do you select first? Why?

Bra. Sorry. BUT, I tend to grab a lot of white shirts, and I am not real keen on my underwear showing, or showing through. And that reminds me of an older lady at church – I would say she is late 70’s, early 80’s. Well, one Wednesday evening as I headed to the table to eat dinner. There she sat, with her friends, and I had to take a double look. She wore a silky older lady cream colored blouse. Showing through was an animal print bra! PricelessI I think I want to be in my 70’s and still indulge in the sexier undies. Grrrrrr…..

3. What kind of animal do you think the world could live without?

I don’t know of an animal – but I do wonder if mosquitoes and gnats are really that necessary. Sure seems like a lot of other bugs out there that are less annoying.

4. How many Christmas trees are in your home?

Counting every single one? Tiny too big? Well right now, one metal one and about to move 5 smaller various size fake ones out of the attic. I think we are skipping a full size tree this year.

5. Would you prefer to be emotionless if it mean you didn't have to feel a heartbreak?

No! You know there are a few people floating around out there that are rather emotionless. They seem to be unable to connect, to enjoy life, get satisfaction. It is also hard to warm up to them. I would think that would be very lonely.

6. Do you ever experience holiday let-down or depression?

I use to not. But I do tend to experience the let down part now. I think that is why I don't feel like getting a full size tree. All is SO busy anymore andI like to give, but I put too much concern on whether the recipient liked it or not – mainly when I know the recipient has loftier expectations than I might be able to afford or am willing to indulge. But I love the season, the music, the decorations, the feeling of kindness received and given – wish that happened more often throughout the year.


7. Do you like Michael Jackson's music?

Yes. I do not own a single album. But I did like his music. "I'm looking at the man in the mirror . . . "

8. Why is it that we never judge people who have their teeth fixed for cosmetic reasons, but every other cosmetic procedure has a stigma?

Never thought about it. Now that I have, there is a difference I guess, in how society judges this. I personally, crooked, not whitened tooth person I am, don't really see the difference. It is all cosmetic. Maybe, contrary to first thought, more people are bothered more by bad teeth than small bosoms and big noses.

9. Enjoy horseback riding?

Have not been since I was a young child. I have thought it would be nice to try. But I have a very healthy respect for horses. They are big, have a mind of their own, and I’d like to keep my toes on my feet and no head injuries.

10. Shoes--practical or stylish?

Some of both. Yes, 14 pairs of black shoes are necessary. They might not match my purse, but shoe variety is a must.

11. What was the name of your first pet? Feel free to post a pic.

Purity. It was a cat and I was a baby. Maybe my mom has a picture.…

12. What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done?

Over 80%! I love getting items throughout the fall and not being rushed. Crowds are fine for watching, but, for me, not for fighting over items to buy.

5 comments:

FancyHorse said...

I should have done some of my shopping earlier, but I didn't. I'll do most Saturday, and it will be crowded!

SouthLakesMom said...

Good answers! It was fun to read more about you - and your photos in the earlier blog entry are beautiful!

Sandi McBride said...

80percent, really? I haven't even started yet..I'll probably keep putting it off til December 22, like always...I'm such a procrastinator...and I'm more the horse of a different color lol
hugs
Sandi

Gayle said...

I love learning more about my blogging friends! Love your answers. Very good with the 80% done! I haven't been good about early shopping this year.

Chel said...

Oh wow!! #1 truly cracked me up!!! #2 so with you!! Bring on the animal print!!
Chel