Sunday, May 10, 2009

Memory Monday - Those We Meet Along The Way



Bacon Wrapped Tenderloin



Memory Monday, and what might bacon wrapped tenderloin have to do with that? Well, I made this wonderful dish last week, we ate, and we ate the leftovers. And now it is a memory, that needs to be repeated - and you should try it.
It was delicious!! Demolition D commented a couple times on how much he liked the flavor . . .

. . . February 2006, I noticed a link, in a magazine, to a great website for a meal assembly business. A meal replacement concept. A way to have dinners and variety with all the mental work of making list, time in the grocery store, mess in the kitchen, etc. removed.

It excited me ever so much. I could not get it off mind. A few months earlier, in a conversation with a co-worker, he had said "do what excites you."

This excited me. This nagged at me. I prayed about it. We prayed about. And we took the first step towards opening a business. We researched. We visited a similar store to the concept I had read about, in another state. It was great. Real food. Real meats. More research.

As I looked up independent stores across the country, one in particular caught my eye. I decided to cold call that store in Illinois.

That is when I met Mary. We have never met face to face, but have spoken on the phone and through emails. She helped me with the steps needed to move forward. She sent me information to help me through the process from inventory to food suppliers. So much kindness.

Doors opened, everything flowed so well. We opened the doors to In A Pinch Of Thyme easy meal assembly on July 12, 2006.

I have so enjoyed the work over the last couple years! The work and so many folks I have met has been amazing. I have loved preparing meals for people, meals they shared with family, friends, those sick, those celebrating, those who may have lost a love one or welcoming a new baby to the world.

Thinking of Mary and her willingness to help, reminds me of how we never know the impact we might have on another's life.

Something so simple can create long lasting opportunities. One day, Mary sent me a link to blog. I really did not know much about blogs, but I went and visited and fell in love with the stories and pictures of the Pioneer Woman. I was slow. I noticed the neat names in the comments and that some were highlighted.

Thus began my journey through bloggyland. Clicking and reading and moving onto the next one.

One day last fall, I thought, why not? And I stepped into, to me, this new land. It has been a great land with wonderful people and new friends. A great way to record memories, find support and plenty of laughter. You are all so great!!

So meeting Mary is my memory this Memory Monday and that circles back to the Bacon Wrapped Tenderloin.

Mary has set out on her own blogadventure. In doing so, I see she has ventured to many places beyond this land and is kindly sharing her discovered delectable treats.
So for the recipe, check out her and her friends at Food 'o del mundo try a dish or two, or just say hello, welcome her to the blogging . . . (this week I am going to try to get to making the carmelized chicken). Check out her photos! She is a great photographer too!
And for more memories, Gayle is the happy host at Planet M Files.

7 comments:

Finding Pam said...

What a lovely tribute to Mary. It is so nice when people are eager to share their information.

Your tenderloin looks beautiful. I was not sure of what kind of business you had, but it sounds really good. I wish I had something like that where I live.

Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day.

Mary said...

You are so KIND Lailani! I have so enjoyed our friendship these last couple years. I'm just sorry our ventures didn't turn out the way we planned.

Happy Mothers Day to you Miss!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word, my husband would DIE for that!!! Two of his favorite meats, and on the grill!

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Lailani, this was such a cool post!!! I found out more about you! What an awesome business you have! And what an entrepreneur you are! And I love how you started blogging!!! Thanks so much for sharing this...and the delicious links as well :-) I'm so glad you "met" Mary...started blogging...as that has led me to meet you! ~Janine XO

FancyHorse said...

It sounds like an interesting business.

It's fun to meet new friends, any way we can!

Friar Tuck said...

That picture looks yummy

Gayle said...

What a wonderful person Mary must be! That is so cool that she helped you out with information to ease your step into your own business! And also, that she sent you the link that lead you to blogging! I'm so glad she did, because that is how I "met" you!

Thank you for joining Monday Memories!