Sunday, August 29, 2010

Heavy Heart to Heart Break

I had been excited to blog about a wonderful kayak trip we took Saturday. Life changed that.


My heavy heart from last week gave way to a short term of ahhhhh, quickly replaced with heart break.

Some dear friends (family by a previous marriage) lost their 26 year old son Saturday morning. Wading waist deep in the gulf waters around midnight Friday, he and a friend were knocked off their feet by a large wave and caught in a rip current. The friend managed to get out. Kyle did not. The coast guard found his body about day break Saturday morning. These sweet people have been hit by so much in the past several years - his daughter from his first marriage, lost her fight with cancer; his brother died after heart surgery over a year ago; her father passed away; and now their son.  They are overwhelmed and feel lost at what they are suppose "to do." It is not real to any of us yet, minds just cannot wrap around this. Watching the sudden loss take havoc on these sweet people is nothing short of heart breaking. How I wish we could turn back time and change things.

7 comments:

TJ said...

I am so sorry to read this. What a terrible thing to happen on top of their other sorrows. I will join you in asking God to comfort them.

Finding Pam said...

I am so sorry to hear of this young man's death. It is extra hard because he was so young.

Christie Bryant said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friends' son. My heart goes out to them in their time of need.

Gayle said...

Oh, no, that is so sad.

Jules~ said...

I am so sorry for all that you have been going through and having to bear. I am sorry for this family in the loss of their son. I pray God's comfort around all involved in the roller coaster of the many days to come.

Hilary said...

Oh I'm so sorry for your losses. What a heartbreak indeed. Sending you best thoughts.. and wishing you and your friends much strength.

larkswing said...

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers for these sweet people.