It was an eye opener to walk through the village from the lean-to and shacks to the homes that can be available through the Habitat for Humanity Program.
After walking through an area with at least 20 dwellings like those above, with the meager personal items people would own in homes such as these, we ventured into what is possible.
All the homes were still quite modest and humbling as we returned to our home with plenty of space.
Coming across these photos made me thankful again.
Thankful . . .
- that this village is there so others can be reminded of needs of others.
- for my home, my yard.
- for walls, real walls. Real doors and real windows.
- air conditioning and heating
- flooring under my bare feet
- running water
- food. healthy food
- even the pang of quilt for having so many possessions
- an easy life
- for TODAY!