Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Smell the Roses

I have changed my routine this morning.

Normally, I attend a 7:00 a.m. study group at church, but we did not have it today. So I slept in.

And then I retrieved my son’s laptop, opened the blinds to a beautiful sunny morning. Yes! The sun is shining. I just looked at the forecast: more rain tomorrow. So I am going to enjoy the quiet and beauty of the morning before jumping back into the hustle and bustle of life.

I’ve climbed back in bed to visit with you and enjoy a cup of coffee and breakfast.

Since I had breakfast for dinner last night, I am having dessert for breakfast – a bowl of blackberry cobbler ice cream. Just a small bowl. I promise. It just seemed perfect for such a beautiful morning.

Do you ever take a morning, or an evening and change it all up? Just for some quiet you time? Some time to slough off all the schedules, demands and pressures, just for a few minutes?

I hope you do, I don’t often, but this morning it is great, so I wish for you a few moments of that this week… go ahead, prop those feet up and enjoy a special treat…


Smiles!





2 comments:

Susie said...

I did just that on Monday. After I was done cleaning my house in the morning, I took a spa day in the afternoon. Glorious!

Friar Tuck said...

Changing everything up is highly underrated, but best done on a day with little resposbiblity. My memory is so tied to routine that when I get out of it I forget stuff.