Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Random Dozen


I have had fun reading other's answers to Linda's Random Dozen questions. This is her 12th edition and this time I have time, and I actually have answers (maybe I am not over thinking the questions/answers this time!). So I am jumping in...


1. If you could master one sport, what would it be?

Hmmm, ok, this might not be considered a sport by all, but I would want to master white water kayaking. They make it look so easy! The idea of splashing through the water, being able to flip the kayak back over without knocking my brains out, etc. Now, I don’t want to go over 20 foot waterfalls, nope, nothing to that degree.

2. When you make a major purchase, do you go with your gut instinct, or do you do research to make an informed decision?

I have to think on it and do a little research.

3. There is an old kids' game that says you can find out what your movie star name would be by using your middle name as your first name and the name of the street you grew up on as your last. What is your movie star name?

Lol! So sad: Merie Decatur. If I had any talent to begin with, the agent would absolutely make me change that one!

4. Would you rather give up your favorite music or your favorite food?

Favorite music. Gotta keep the favorite food. I can think of the music, remember the music, hum the music. Food, well thinking of it just does not bring any enjoyment if I cannot indulge. Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate. Nope, I need it. Where is my stash????

5. There are two types of banana preferences. One is pristine yellow, almost to the point of being green; the other is spotty and more ripe. Which is your preference?


Pristine Yellow (borderline green)! Spotty ones are only good for waiting to ripen to the point of making bread. AND, this sounds strange, but there is some kind of change from the yellow/green to spotty and the spotty irritate my allergies – my ears and throat start itching. Very annoying.

6. Your favorite tree is?


Oh goodness! I love the live oaks in the South. I don’t have a single one in this yard, but yup that would be my favorite. A Ginko tree very easily could become my favorite though.

7. On a scale of 1-10, how tech savvy are you?

Hmmm, I think about middle of the road on that one. My greatest fear of aging? Technology Gap. I figure those older ladies that do not know the first thing about computers, were probably pretty savvy in whatever was “in” in their 20’s, 30’s etc. So, what will come out that will send my into that spot?? The next cell phone?

8. Has H1N1 touched your family?


Thank the Lord no!


9. Are you an analytical person, or do you just accept things the way they are without questioning or scrutinizing?

Analytical. Not as bad as I was when younger. I have learned to stop myself before dragging it out too very long are skewing the perspective by over scrutinizing.


10. Is your personality more like that of a dog, cat, or Koala?

Ahhhh, a Koala, cute and fuzzy and cuddling? Nope, not me. Much more that of a dog. (pant pant pant).

11. Do you keep in touch with friends you made years ago?


I do. Or at least I try. Everyone’s lives are so busy, but I still talk to two of my highschool friends a couple times a year.


12. You are checking out at a grocery store. In the express lane, there are more people than the regular lanes, but of course, their load is less than those in the regular lanes. Which lane do you choose (assuming you qualify for the express lane) and why?

It does not matter. I have this skill. A pretty consistent one. Whichever line I get in, it slows to a crawl. Always. Because of that, most of the time I don’t really pay much attention to the amount of items other’s have.


Join in the fun sharing about you! Check out Linda at 2nd cup of coffee . . .


Thanks Linda!

8 comments:

Operaton You said...

This is was fun to read. I hope you are doing well!! Just wanted to stop by and say hi to let you know I was thinking of you!

Maggie May said...

I would be Ann Ash to number 3!
That was an interesting read!
Nuts in May

Merrie said...

hahaha... you got me on the Koala one... pant pant... that was too funny...
Also kayaking... That would be fun. I think I might actually be able to do something like that. I'm not real athletic (THAT was a huge understatement!)
Blessings!

Sniffles and Smiles said...

You are too hilarious!!! The Koala...the movie star name...what fun!!! Loved this! So great to see your wit in action, and to get to know you a little better! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, my friend!! Love to you and yours, Janine XO

Gayle said...

It was so fun to read your answers! I'm with you all the way on giving up the music, not the food!

FancyHorse said...

This was fun and interesting. I think I'll do it, too, after I catch up.

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Just stopped by to say, "Hi!" and to say that I hope you are having a wonderful holiday weekend!!! Much love to you~Janine XO

Debbie said...

Great answers. And yes, I think kayaking is definitely a sport. Let me know if you master that!