Friday, August 28, 2009

A Hint Of Fall Is In The Air

After a rainy night and a thundery morning, the clouds have turned white and fluffy in the middle of a blue sky.

But even better? It is one of those days that fall is in the air... and in the shadows. I love it! It makes me feel chipper and playful.

And even better, with the bright puddles left...a herd of dragonflys buzzing around.

Ok, so a group of dragonflies might not be herd. Maybe not a gagle. A slew? I know a flock, yes a flock of colorful dragonflys!



And, I have a Dahlia about to bloom, maybe tomorrow?







May everyones weekend start off in wonderment!

Smiles!

13 comments:

Aleta said...

Beautiful pictures! What camera do you have, love the clarity! Oh, yes, please fall, come quickly!

Gayle said...

You are so good at capturing dragonfly images! Have a great weekend!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I've never seen a dahlia in real life before. Are they hard to grow?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by on my little corner of the internet! I love dahlia's and I'm excited to see it bloom!

Jane In The Jungle said...

I can't wait!!

Heidi said...

I love that first picture of that dragonfly. I like dragonflies. A group of them would be a fetch of dragonflies. Yep. A fetch.

I know, I never heard of it either, but Google dee google dee doo.

Sandy said...

Beautiful dahlia!

Did you see the pix a few posts back that Liz CH took?

Thanks for visiting me! I hope you win the pears!

Debbie said...

I do love dragonflies. They seem to be a lovely throwback to a time forgotten.

Deborah Ann said...

You have a real gift for photography! I never seem to get mine out in time to get any good shots.

You are invited to visit me at:

www.heavenlyhumor.blogspot.com

I hope to get to know you better!

Cheffie-Mom said...

Wonderful photos! The temperature was in the mid 60's in East Texas this morning. Fall is definitely in the air!

Sandi McBride said...

The high for today will be 73 they tell us...its still only65 and it's a quarter til 3 pm~loving it! Rainy and cool!
Sandi

Ms. Wanda said...

Thank for stopping by and leaving me that comment:) It helps to know we are not alone! Love your pictures they are beautiful:)

Maggie May said...

Whatever a group of dragonflies are called, they are great creatures to photograph and you have taken excellent pictures.