Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Kayaking the Flint

Finally made it out on the first kayak trip for this year... Almost June!  How could that be??

The rainy spring brought the water level up a couple feet from previous trips. We could see signs that it had dropped several feet the days before. It is hard to get bored with this strectch of river. Each trip offers new sightings or different experiences.





As Hubs paddled up to fly fish, something big flew out of the tree and across the river.


I paddled to the area I thought I saw it fly to.

And I found it... and it was acutely aware of me...




And he flew away again... just a bit further downstream.


And I followed ...



And I followed . . .


He made me day!


A wise old owl sat on an oak; The more he saw the less he spoke; The less he spoke the more he heard; Why aren’t we like that wise old bird?
Edward Hersey Richards

5 comments:

Michelle said...

How cool! I love owls and have only seen them a couple of times.

Chatty Crone said...

Holy cow! Was that a fox in the first picture and then the owls? That was amazing. Sandie

Hilary said...

Very cool. They're wonderful creatures. You did a great job of tracking and photographing him.

Sandi McBride said...

what beautiful photos...the shots of the owl are marvelous...I remember this poem...thanks for sharing it
hugs
Sandi

Aleta said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :) Missed seeing you. If you start blogging again, do you have an email subscription? I'd love to get the blog emails too :) But OH MY GOSH, how did I miss this post - I LOVE owls!! Just beautiful!!!