Tuesday, March 1, 2011

All's Right With The World . . .

...ok, I know it REALLY isn't. At least not on the World level of that statement. I know it is not in every nook and cranny of this little city.  But if I can, just for a little bit today, can I just enjoy my little box for awhile?

When I turn off the TV, I find a lot of kindness, a lot of encouragement, a lot of wonder.

I ran to the store last night to do the shopping I needed this morning. I rushed in hopes of beating the rain and possible storm heading our way. I beat it, the rain when it did come, wind, no lightening, lasted all of 20 minutes. Maybe . . .

At the store, the cereal I went for, had disappeared from the shelf. So as I was studying to decide which of the options would replace it, a husband/wife couple came down the aisle. I laughed and said, "ah, you are the lucky one to get the last of that cereal," as I eyed the 6 boxes in her cart. She shared with me where they were stashed on the endcap. As I returned to the aisle with my two boxes, I heard her ask her husband, "should I?" his response: "if you want to." She walked over to me with coupons in hand and gave me a $1 off the sale cereal. So I gave her a high dollar bounce coupon. Y'all, that was fun! Just simple kindness . . .

The sun is shining this morning, a wonderful gentle breeze and facebook is covered with positive stories and opportunities in our community. How can that not be contagious??

I so hope it catches on. I do believe the only way to lessen the blight, lessen the crime, lessen the poor moral is to push the good. Find the positive.

I mentioned a couple post back that I had good news to come, well it is getting closer, but I don't have enough details yet but it is a new beginning . . .



No comments: